We are testing out a new idea during next week’s workouts and we want your feedback on it. Starting this week we will post two versions of the workout, a Fitness version and a Performance version. The Fitness track will be geared to general fitness; the Performance track for increasing performance.
We are doing this for several reasons:
- To give people more options.
- Some of our members just want to keep up with their kids and feel good. Some don’t really care about ever lifting a maximal load on their squat or snatch or getting their double-unders. That’s okay!
- On the days when you aren’t feeling a particular movement or feel beat up from a previous workout (or life in general) this would give you give you another option
- There are some people who, due to mobility issues or a previous injury, should never attempt a certain movement in a WOD (for example, the overhead squat or snatch)
- To get beginners moving better and to reinforce the movement basics.
Both tracks will be posted here and on the board – both can be scaled – up or down – for you. I posted Monday’s WOD early so that you can see an example if you want to get your head around it. We have seen other boxes implement this idea with great success. We think this may evolve over time and nothing is perfect at the start. Feel free to ask questions anytime and please we want your feedback! Thanks guys!!!
Warm-up & Mobility: 15 Minutes
Part 1 – Skill/Strength: 20 min
Fitness: Skill – Strict Press 3-3-3, Push Press 3-3-3, Push Jerk 3-3-3
Performance: Strength – Strict Press 3-3-3, Push Press 2-2-2, Push Jerk 1-1-1
Part 2: Conditioning: (up to) 15 min
Fitness: 15 minute AMRAP of –
- 5 Strict Press (unloaded BB) or 7 Push-press (75/55lb)
- Run 200m
- 20 Air squats
Performance: 5 RFT with 15 min time cap of –
- 10 Push Jerks (95/65lb)
- Run 200m, weighted
- 26 Air squats
Click here to sign up for today’s class.
Great 730 class tonight… Come in for your free Intro class and see what its all about!